To our trusted clients,
As you know, the COVID-19 virus situation is fluid and fast-moving. As the virus continues to spread rapidly, we are putting additional protective measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Beginning Monday, March 16th, we are modifying our in-clinic procedures to ensure that we maintain a safe environment.
- Clients will no longer be allowed in the hospital – this will ensure our veterinary team members limit any possible exposure and we can continue to provide care to our Capital District pets.
- For scheduled appointments or procedures, our veterinary technicians will collect your pet in the parking lot (right side of the building) and bring them into the hospital.
- Consultations will now be over the phone. Your pet’s surgeon will contact you via phone to review your pet’s issue before conducting the physical examination. You can participate in the phone consultation from your car while your pet is being physically examined inside the clinic.
- Your VSRC veterinary surgical specialist will contact you with their findings and recommended treatment protocol.
- Once the consultation is completed, our veterinary technician will return your pet to you in our parking lot.
If your pet is scheduled for surgery, we will follow the same protocol listed above. When your pet is ready for discharge, we will review the discharge instructions with you over the phone.
Where possible, we are asking that you pay via credit card over the phone.
We believe these changes to our routine will enable us to continue caring for your pets while maintaining the health and safety of our employees.
As a reminder, multiple internal health organizations have indicated that pets and other domestic animals cannot contract or spread the coronavirus.
In preparation to stay home and self-isolate, please remember your pets and have a sufficient supply of their food and medications on hand.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 518-887-2260.
Stay safe and be well.
The Doctors and Staff at Veterinary Specialties Referral Center